Saturday 10 October 2009

Clinton visit to Northern Ireland

I have been lucky enough to be chosen as the local blogger attached to the State Department for the visit of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to Northern Ireland.

Received the briefing today and I will be travelling in the motorcade and accompanying the team to most of the meetings.

I will try to give an impression of what it is to be an observer of this kind of visit. There are many better people to give impressions of policy implications, but I will have a go at that as well.

It is quite humbling to not only be considered but accepted to do this kind of thing. The West Wing fan inside of me has been going mad for a while until final confirmation yesterday!

I will be joining officials from the State Department and journalists from AP; Reuters; AFP; New York Times; Washington Post; Bloomberg; BBC; Wall Street Journal; CNN and ABC. So really looking forward to meeting them and learning from their experiences.

Anyway, I will be doing a mixture of live and after blogging and will try and post on twitter - as much as I am allowed.

Thank you to all who arranged this and I hope you enjoy the results!!!

No comments: